Saturday, October 9, 2010

Relationship...

I wanted to become a better person, a good father, a good partner, a better brother, a better uncle and a good friend. As I reflect tonight, there are many questions that have been racing inside my head. What would have happened if I didn't make the decision I've made in my life? Would I have been different? or would I've been worst? I am so lucky to meet the person who made me the person that I am. My wife opened my eyes about the truth and showed me that there's a world outside my room.

I have confined myself inside my room for such a long time that I seldom see my friends anymore and spend time with my family. There are times that I really wanted to go out and meet other people but I'm afraid of what would be their reaction/s when they see me. I really don't care on the way I look, but let's face it.. there's a slim chance of getting a date if you are not GOOD looking.. The days where you can be funny and witty on a date are over and now you have to be handsome and a little rich to have a date. It's a little sad but it's a reality. We are living in a time where everything changes rapidly and there's no room for errors. Relationship come and go and for some reason we are the one in charge of the outcome. We are the one who will write the book and the chapter of our life and no one can dictate that. I am proud to say that when I decided to settle down with my wife, I didn't have any regrets and I love her so much. Some people say that you cannot live in love alone but for me love should be the foundation of your relationship.People say that you need to look for your love.. I stopped looking because I have already found it.. and she's now my wife..

My early relationship with my wife was really something, in a good sense. We have a unique connection and I cannot believe that such woman really existed. She understands me and loves me for who I am and supports me in all my decisions. When we talk over the phone or via the internet ( Hah!! who said long distance relationship doesn't work?), we are in our own world. We share the stories of our life and reflect on them. She's one tough woman, the only woman who express what she want and openly say her opinion/s. I respect her and love her so much that I cannot live without her.

God loves us much that He gave us a very special gift... A SON.. We may not have all the riches in the world and the material things to satisfy our whims but as long as we have each other, I know it's already a blessing. I keep on telling other people, specially my friends, NEVER stop loving their partners. Relationship is like a two way street and if your partner keeps on going on detours, it have to stop.. it has to be repaired.. and worse comes to worst... close it.. No one can manage a relationship on their own without any help from their partners. It's impossible and it is not healthy, emotionally and physically. I am not saying that I have a perfect relationship but what I have is an IDEAL relationship. A kind of relationship which means, for me, I only belong to that person..

I love you Heather Ann Silverio and I am yours forever.. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment