Monday, October 4, 2010

Tattoo

Society now accepts tattoo as a fashion statement. Some wear it to look like a bad ass, some for fashion, some for hobby and some because of its meaning. I have several Tattoos in my body and some of them have a story to tell about me. It's kinda funny that people still consider tattoo as a Taboo, that only ex-cons have the right to wear them. There's a huge difference between prison tats and the tats we have but both art have the meaning and reason why it marked that persons body. 

I would like to share some of the tattoos I have, only those that has a very important meaning:

Dream Catcher on my left arm: I've always have nightmares when I was young so my Brother made me a little dream catcher and explained what it does. So when I grew up, I decided to have a tat of it so that I will always remember my brother and it's a sign that my nightmares comes to an end.

Wolf Paws on both my arms: This is a valentines gift for my wife. Some hubby gives flowers, chocolates or vacation. I  gave her an image that we both love, The Wolf.. One wolf looks a little fierce which represents me and the other one is more feminine with a blue eyes which represents my wife. When I am feeling sad or out of line, I just look at the blue-eyed wolf and it calms me down. 

Totem Pole on my right fore-arm: This represents my Strength, Wisdom and Knowledge. 

Bio-mechanical Tattoo on my right shoulder: This represent how I am attached to technology. I admit that I cannot leave or start working on something without my phone or MP3 player. 

Angel of Death on my back: This was a gift of my tattoo artist for my birthday almost 4 yrs ago. I chose the angel with a scythe to remind me that death always follows us everyday and it is just waiting for us to make that mistake.

I think I still have 12 more to describe but the 5 tats that I have described are my favorites. I am worried that when my baby boy grows up he will ask to have a tattoo.. I think I need to talk to my wife about it. 

My friends asked me the reason why.. Why what? what have a tattoo? It's a personal choice. It doesn't have anything to do with influence, fashion or trending. It is my personal choice. Some people are saying that I am vandalizing the house of my soul, which is my body. Well I have a simple answer for that.. I am not disrespecting it, I am just painting it. =).. 

That's it for now.. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment