Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sunday Mass

I am a Catholic by heart.. Raised by my family to become a good catholic and most of my actions are based on religion. I attended the Sunday mass inside the Manila City Jail (Yes, the chapel inside the jail since I am a volunteer there. =)) and I have noticed a big difference when it comes to their service. I hate to say this but SOME church-goers should be ashamed of their behavior inside the church. Of all the days that we can do our texting,  chit-chatting and showing off our Casual wear, why pick Sunday? Some people are guilty of this inside the church, Yes.. inside the church.. Instead of devoting their time praying and saying thanks for the everyday blessings, they wanted to talk about their dates, gadgets and the latest clothing inside their closet.

Prisoners and their family spend the whole hour worshiping and praying inside the chapel. No talking, no phones and no fancy clothes to wear (I forgot to mention that they all wear the same uniform, but if they have "special clothes" they are allowed to wear it on Sundays.). I can clearly hear what the priest is preaching and was able to concentrate on my prayers. Do we have to be prisoners in order for us to respect the house of the lord? Yes we do have choices and free will but are we really practicing it in a good way?

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment